The new collaborative partnership of Creative Festivals has adapted its festivals in line with the covid-19 emergency.
- Age of Creativity has moved many events online throughout May 2020, with others being reorganised for later in the year.
- Get Creative Festival will, instead of promoting local events, be concentrating its efforts on supporting the public to creatively express themselves through #GetCreativeAtHome (11-17 May 2020): "At this extremely challenging time, we believe that the power of creativity to unite people and support them to maintain good mental health is more important than ever."
- Please see here for further details of Creativity & Wellbeing Week (18-24 May 2020)
These three independent festivals have come together in a new partnership this year to support opportunities for everyone, regardless of who they are or where they are, to participate in culture and creativity.
Across the three we will be focused on reaching out to more people, working towards positive futures and looking at mental health in young people, climate change, ageing through the life course, and public health and everyday creativity. We welcome information about any and all activities and participatory work: these are open and inclusive festivals and we want to showcase whatever you are doing!
Thank you to everyone who got involved in the series of pre-festival events we held across the country in January. We were overwhelmed by the interest, ideas and commitment to making May a month of vibrant creativity, accessible to everyone. We know that it has been impossible for many of you to bring your original ideas to fruition, but we really welcome your input and would love to hear from you if you would still like to be part of the festivals in a different way.
You can also...
- read this blog by Jenni Regan, Director of London Arts in Health Forum about Creativity & Wellbeing Week 2019
- read this blog by Mary Muir at Norfolk County Council on her experience of Creativity & Wellbeing Week 2019
- see the programme for Creativity & Wellbeing Week North East 2019
- And enjoy the infographic about 2019 below!